The Site Reliability Engineer leads company initiatives around automation, security, optimization, and maintenance for StratIS computing environments and connected devices. The role will work in close collaboration with our software engineering team and, in particular, with our lead architect and server specialist. Initial projects will focus on establishing automated testing and continuous integration for our product ecosystem; future priorities will be outlined by the software operations engineer in tandem with engineering and product leads as well as the CTO. This is a full-time position from our East Falls office.
- Design and implement an automated testing and continuous integration system for a connected-device ecosystem.
- Innovate constantly on existing and cutting-edge technology to build new solutions.
- Lead maintenance and optimization efforts for a suite of products with a rapidly growing base.
- Work effectively in an Agile environment.
- Build server-side components to product features as needed.
- Collaborate with CTO and engineering team to define Dev Ops roadmap.
- Ability to make a strong decision when faced with competing priorities and limited information.
- Knowledge of and interest in implementing continuous integration tools, systems, monitoring
- Understanding of relational databases (MySQL).
- Experience with configuration and troubleshooting of Linux and NGiNX.
- Ability to diagnose root causes and find sources of instability within distributed systems.
- Deep understanding of networking concepts (e.g., DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP).
- AWS or Google Cloud hosting experience is a plus.
StratIS, named one of Entrepreneur Magazine’s “Best Companies in America,” builds smart apartments and smart buildings for smart cities. As the only system of its kind built for the complexities of multifamily/campus communities, StratIS leads the global movement for smart cities in the commercial residential sector. Since initial rollout 18 months ago, StratIS has been installed in 150,000 units across 45 states.
StratIS headquarters is located in Philadelphia, PA.
- Competitive salary.
- Health and dental plan.
- Flexible schedules, work-from-home policy, and vacation.
- Sponsorship for conferences and educational events.
- Casual work atmosphere with hammocks, snacks, and community events.
- Opportunity to see your contributions impact lives every day.
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.